Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My First Phuket, My First Food Poisoning...

Count me unlucky or blame my weak stomach...

I had food poisoning for my first visit to Phuket! Really very suai... On day 3, around 3pm, after my last bite on my lunch, immediately, I felt a slight pain on my stomach and after that I knew that I need to go, or rather rush to the toilet for a one big time round! Luckily, I was at a Shopping centre at that point of time, so toilet was quite accessible and clean. BUT there was NO toilet paper in the cubicle, instead they were placed beside the basin area. So I endured the pain and quickly grabbed, yes, I actually grabbed, as much toilet paper as I can and rush to the cubicle.

Imagine, doing this for 4 times!!! And the pain in my stomach is getting from bad to worst... I barely able to stand straight. The pain was something like the stomach bloating and hot feeling. I had no choice but to suggest to my cousin to return to the hotel. I need to rest desperately.

The journey back to hotel was around 10 mins. But this 10 mins seems so long.. so I gonna fast march back. As expected, I went to the toilet once I stepped into the hotel room.

For the whole bloody phuket trip, I shitted for 13 times k! My ass had almost torn apart! kaoz....

The investigations
The Previous Night Dinner
This may be the most possible cause of the whole food poisoning thing. Coz I actually ate half of the oyster that my cousin forced me to eat. I do not like to eat those shell stuff but since I was already there, and my cousin said is very fresh and no fishy taste at all, I gave it a try. I think this raw oyster maybe the reason ba... though my cousin also ate it and did not had any food poisoning signs...

The Morning Breakfast
This should not be the cause of the problem, since the stuff I ate was normal and nothing raw or uncooked. Furthermore, if anything is wrong with the breakfast, then I think most of the residents will start to complain liao...

The lunch
I ate this Thai style salad with unripped papaya... this unripped papaya may also be the cause, but since I just ate it, it should not be so fast for my diarrhoea to start.

Conclusion: Should be the oyster!

Just had my visit to the doctor today. Still recovering desperately...

No comments: